Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Breaking Up

I've never felt so conflicted before.  I desperately, helplessly love Argentina and my life here, and I don't want to leave.  I'm simply not ready!  But I can't go any longer without going home to my family and friends.  (Ojala se pudiera trasladar toda mi vida aca!)  I only have five days left.  Five.  FIVE.  Single digits.  Less than a week.  I want to cry and scream and curl up in a ball and avoid this heart-twisting experience of the end of study abroad. I feel like I haven't done enough.  I haven't taken advantage of my time here!  I could have done so much more, met so many more people, seen so many more places!  I feel like upon leaving I lose those opportunities, even though I know I really don't.  I know I could come back, or travel more--to other places, new places I've never been.  I think I probably will continue traveling as far as my wallet and my language skills will carry me.  But not right now.  I need some time to get over my breakup with Argentina.  Luckily, tango is sorrow in the form of music, so I have a method of catharsis.  Here are a few treats:



No comments:

Post a Comment