Sunday, September 11, 2011

A conocer mi ciudad...

Who knew Buenos Aires had a Chinatown?  Well, it really doesn't.  What it does have is "el barrio chino," which is about two blocks long and full of odd little novelty shops and a few markets.  But they do have the big archway.  I went there with Katia and two girls from the Resi (Martina and Josefina) on Saturday to do a little shopping.  Jose studies design and fashion and all that artistic sort of stuff, so she wanted to hit these little shops that have all the random things that you can't find anywhere else.
Bienvenidos al barrio chino de Buenos Aires! Yeah, you can pretty much see all of it in this picture.

Katia, Jose, y yo :)
The rest of the day I spent watching TV and drinking mate with Katia and Marilina.  Something about spending downtime in the Resi this weekend made me feel so at home.  Of course I start to feel at home now that it's half over.  I know I'll probably mention this in every single post I write from now on, but HOLY CRAP I have such little time left.  I just looked at my calendar.  A week from Tuesday we go to Puerto Madryn/Puerto Piramides for almost a week, then I have two papers due that week, and an exam the following week.  That weekend we go to Mar del Plata.  The following weekend we see Eric Clapton.  The week after that, another exam.  The week after that?  THE END OF OCTOBER.  You know what that means?  The beginning of November.  You know what that means?  Back to the U.S.  I'm never going to be able to reconcile the extreme happiness and the extreme sorrow of going home and leaving here.  That's exactly it.  I do want to be home with my family and friends, but I don't want to leave Buenos Aires.  Hmm...which to transplant, my life or a major South American metropolis?

Off to bed.  Lots of homework this week...probably since up to this point I haven't really done any.
Besos!! Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment